Summer is here and with it, changes in schedules at work, school and church. But there is also a lot going on at HPC.
By early July, you will begin to see construction trucks around the church as the renovation of the Pleune-Mobley Center begins! Months of planning with architects and our general
contractor have come to an end, and the Session has authorized the Property Committee to sign contracts for this project. Once they begin, the total renovation will take approximately 13 months. KRM has re-located a few staff members (mostly the immigration attorneys) off-site because of their need for privacy, but the rest will
remain in place and working while their new offices are completed. We have already moved our two programs (STITCH and Women of the World or WOW) to the downstairs dining room.
Here is an update from Property Committee Chair, Bill Wade.
The Property Committee is pleased to announce the next phase in our construction projects.
This exciting work will include:
- Renovation of the First and Second Floor for our mission partners, Ky Refugee Ministries
- Renovation of space on the First Floor to create additional classroom/seminar rooms for HPC and other use on the Highland Ave end of the building close to the existing Session Room.
- Removal of the exiting metal fire escape on the exterior.
- Creating a new ramp into the building from the Highland Ave. side.
- Creation of new space for the STITCH group on the 3rd floor.
- Extending the exiting elevator to the 3rd floor.
- Expanding the geo-thermal field to complete the HVAC system and provide air conditioning through the entire building and remove the archaic boiler system for heating the building.
- Gym refresh with new floor, paint and lighting.
What can you do to help? This 16-month construction period will cause some inconveniences and messy situations that will require patience, but by keeping our “eye’s on the prize” we will finally have the facility that was envisioned so many years ago when we bought the building. Making your Capital Campaign pledge payment early will allow us to continue to pay for this without the use of borrowed money, keeping our overall costs down.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at email@example.com.
Cynthia Campbell, Pastor