Transitional Pastor / Head of Staff
The Pastor/Head of Staff is a teaching elder/member of the Presbytery of Mid-Kentucky who is called to serve as Pastor to the congregation and Head of Staff for the ordained and non-ordained, exempt and non-exempt staff members. The Pastor/Head of Staff leads the congregation as it develops leaders for long-term growth and health to advance the church’s mission and ministry.
The Transitional Pastor will serve:
- As Moderator of Session
- As Head of Staff and Lead Pastor, consistent with the current position description for Pastor/Head of Staff, which is stated below.
- As facilitator of the Session, which will be leading the congregational through the Developmental Tasks, which include
- Coming to terms with History
- Discovering a New Identity
- Allowing and Empowering New Leadership
- Renewing Denominational Linkages
- Commitment to New Leadership and a New Future
- Accountability and Evaluation
- Relationship with the Pastor/Head of Staff Nominating Committee