Children in third, fourth and fifth grades are invited to Roots! This is a ministry that helps older children navigate those years between being a child and becoming a youth. This is an exciting new ministry for 2014-2015!
It is called “Roots” because these tweens are exploring ways to root themselves in faith as the seeds of God’s story bloom in their lives. Click HERE to view the Tween Flier
Fourth and Fifth Grade Roots
Roots for fourth and fifth graders meets on Sundays from 3:30 pm to 4:45 pm. Their gatherings include recreation, service, discussion, and Biblical exploration!
Third Grade Roots
Once a month, third graders join their friends in fourth and fifth
Children in Service and Mission
Also, children can participate in mission and service through the year. Here are some of the ways children can serve:
- Collecting back-to-school supplies in July and August
- Building Thanksgiving Baskets in November for Highlands Community Ministries
- Christmas Gift Tree in December for Highlands Community Ministries
- Valentine’s Bags in February for Kentucky Refugee Ministries
- Writing and making cards for our homebound members
For calendar and details on participation in Roots, contact Rev. Doodle Harris at email@example.com or 502-451-2910