The Session of Highland Presbyterian Church adopted the Louisville Food Principles in 2013. The church lives out its commitment to the principle and the care of creation in a variety of ways including:
- Using glass mugs during coffee hour
- Serving Equal Exchange Coffee and Tea during coffee hour
- Serving local organic beef for our annual block party: PresFest!
- Serving whole, nutritional food for Fourth Wednesday Connect dinners.
- Seeking food that is produced and processed in sustainable ways.
- Supporting and serving in mission that addresses hunger.
Various ministries of the church support this effort as we seek to grow our effort each year. To learn more about our work with sustainability, contact Rev. Matt Nickel at email@example.com or 502-451-2910