Putting faith into action
Highland Presbyterian Church is committed to mission and justice in a variety of ways. Learn about them here and consider why God might be calling you to serve.
The Session of Highland Presbyterian Church adopted the Louisville Food Principles in 2013. The church lives out its commitment to the principle and the care of creation in a variety of ways including:
- Using glass mugs during coffee hour
- Serving Equal Exchange Coffee and Tea during coffee hour
- Serving local organic beef for our annual block party: PresFest!
- Serving whole, nutritional food for Fourth Wednesday Connect dinners.
- Seeking food that is produced and processed in sustainable ways.
- Supporting and serving in mission that addresses hunger.
These are opportunities to serve in and around the church to help Highland Presbyterian Church be a place of hospitality in the name of Jesus Christ.
The church reaches out to neighbors near and far to follow God’s call to do justice, love kindness and offer mercy. Consider if God is calling you to one of these opportunities. Look at opportunities to serve locally.
Our neighbors are not just local. We have a covenant relationship with a community in Nicaragua. Learn how you can be a part of this global mission. Look at opportunities to serve with the NUTS.
Contact Rev. Megan McCarty at email@example.com or 502-451-2910 to learn more about serving through Highland Presbyterian Church.