Issues surrounding refugee resettlement is changing daily in the United States. One of Highland’s most significant missions for the last 25+ years has been supporting and participating in the resettlement of refugees through Co-Sponsorship with Kentucky Refugee Ministries. Here are some ways you can add your voice to those who support refugee resettlement and some resources to learn more about refugees.
Advocating Refugees Welcome
- Here are ways to support refugees from Kentucky Refugee Ministries.
- Participate in Refugee Day at the capitol on February 16.
- Sign the online petition: Keep Kentucky Welcoming.
- Call your to voice support representative (this is one of the most effective ways to help).
- Note: A script is provided on the site.
- Pray. If you need a prayer, here is a prayer you can offer.
- Share a photo on social media that states your support. See example below.
Learn about Refugees & Resettlement
- Presbyterians of a long history of welcoming refugees. (video)
- Learn about the extensive screening process already in place for refugees.
- Read the profile on refugee resettlement in Kentucky.
- Read about co-sponsorship at Kentucky Refugee Ministries.
- Read stories about refugees from the UNHCR.
- Presbyterian Churches are offering welcome. Read about it.
- The Stated Clerk of the PCUSA Voiced Opposition to the refugee ban.